Saturday, October 25, 2008

Its not a full stop , its just a comma!!!



The dusk of FIFA and the dawn of my understanding:


Here's a confession(it teaches you lessons) of sorts to all Game-addicts, Internet-addicts and whatever-addicts out there :

I once came across this game called FIFA'07 and wanted to master it. There's no wonder that we don't feel this kind of determination to conquer things in our academics or life. Like every other kid, I always loved the air of chill after winning a game. Oh! How glorious it would be to kick a swinging corner shot or a direct fireball from the half line ! The passion which caught me first turned into addiction and I never realised that. I whiled away time neglecting the other little pleasures of this world, and sometimes getting irritated to do my own daily chores. It was something which cannot be simply left un-noticed or convived(GRE padichathula chinna santhosham). Days passed by without any change. The little time I used to spend creatively shrinked and I was nowhere for many days. I achieved nothing except for soar eyes and a cluttered head after every game(even..if I win).


One fine day , I had to make a choice. Choice always comes with his arch-rival called sacrifice. If there are two good options, you have to sacrifice one and embrace the other. After all, you will love to choose the one which returns the greatest favour. My Lord struck me in the form of my friend and rebuked me for bothering least about the other things which I have left un-turned. Things which are to be tested and tasted for its goodness. I was neglient. May be a game or two a day(like an apple a day) can save you time and peace of mind, but I did not want this routine to inhibit my passion for trying new things. I realised that it becomes a habit and it gets worser unless you have some control (it was the case with mine and most of the young people). However there are some rare exceptions like Shankar :) .

Dear friends ,
I don't suggest you to become an 'ascetic' and give-up FIFA once for all in your life. Anything which tries to control you is dangerous. We cannot forsake the little pleasures in our life ; we need something to cherish and laugh about. I can boast that I have got enough of this tonic(FIFA) to convert one of my future mechanical work-oriented life into a merry day just by recalling a memory of it. I have tasted it and found it good. The journey is everlasting and never-ending. I just don't want to miss out several other , FIFA-like-pleasures which God has created me and lying out in the open fields. Its not a full stop , its just a comma!!! :)


Jai Praveen.


P.S: Only God knows, I may install FIFA'09 and try that too.lolllz
For all you folks who haven't played FIFA , you have missed 'something' in your life. Better download hamachi and rock-on for sometime.Make it a testimony of how good life is and not a confession ;)

2 comments:

santakarthi said...

i guess iam the friend who rebuked me? is it?
lol nice work dude.. i liked it
karthick

Jai Praveen said...

yeah you used to advice me regularly[:)], but it was a dispute with wini that made me take this temporary decision.