Sunday, December 16, 2007

Movie Freak

I love watching movies for arts sake.Nothing can beat English movies(not all)when it comes to that part.I recently downloaded and watched The Shawshank Redemption,Schlinder's list,Forrest Gump and Little Miss Sunshine.Basically one needs to prepare himself to face any kind of climax unlike the Tamil movies which usually have a "comical supernatural" ends at the climax.
The most striking feature of academy award winning movies does not stop with the whooping budgets but with the amount of hardwork and intelligence spilled into it.Though illegal as described by some narrow minded chauvinists , I use Mu(spell it using your nose - its greek!)TORRENT for my downloads.I am grateful to Dataone for turning me into an nocturnal like my roomie to trigger my downloads at 2:00am - I am not sure whethers it early morning or late midnight :-) .I will check with BSNL customer care and let you know.(first I will have to check whether they have a customer care!!!).I think the deviation ratio is 0.7 now.ok..
The quintessence of movies is to delight the viewers and entertain them.Most of the movies do this part correctly.There are some movies which go a step ahead to do the impossible - to make us think.

Movie reviews :

Forrest Gump :
An adaptation of the book written by Winston Groom by Robert Zemeckis(Director) with Tom Hanks playing the protagonist.This movie revolves around Forrest Gump , a man with IQ of 75.The course of his life with his heart breaking childhood friend Jenny who often leaves him giving the silly reason of chasing her so called "Dreams of becoming POP star". Rate - 8/10 . To know more about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forrest_Gump_%28film%29




No comments: