Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fear and Love

This is the day which I have been waiting for.My friend took me to a place of worship at Tambaram.The atmosphere was so alive and filled with the grace of God.I had the opportunity to listen to a sermon given by that church Pastor.It was all about Fear and Love.

The bottomline is Love overcomes Fear , but how and when?

'Fear' , I am talking about is fear to spread God's word.To make the world know about the man who died for all our sins , two thousand years ago! The Pastor narrated several anecdotes to explain how 'Love overcomes Fear?'.I have compiled some of the verses recited by him from the Bible.


1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

These words must ring in our ears forever.We should instill fear in fear itself because we are all servants of the only Holy God of Jacob.Nothing can shake us.Let us see what Bible says about the weapon carried by the army of Christ.

Hebrews 4:12
The spoken Word of God is like a living, powerful sword in our mouths.

This verse can help us cement our faith in Christ :

Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?

The Lord cares for us and see how he expresses it :

Matthew 10:29-31

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

There are several quotations to understand that 'Perfect Love(for God) casts out fear'.We become oblivious of whats happening around and turn our ears to Christ alone.

Certain links which are worth a read:
  • http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-fear.html
  • http://christianity.about.com/od/prayersverses/qt/couragebiblever.htm
  • http://www.hem-of-his-garment-bible-study.org/controlling-emotions.html
  • http://www.allaboutlifechallenges.org/overcoming-fear-faq.htm

No comments: