Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Career Dreams


Basically I lost my interest in Electronics due to lack of motivation and deviation in the first two years.Although I had a good set of friends, I was not intelligent enough to explore the world of electronics.But by Jehovah's(God's) grace as usual, I got introduced to what is called Image processing by my IT classmate Raghavan.I had this unusual habit of creating visuals and patterns in Adobe Photoshop right from my childhood.I always wanted to create something new and which others have not tried before. I have observed that I do things better when I am interested(like all,may be a cliche!). Transistors or diodes did not attract me much as compared to Image Processing. The difference as I noted is that I did not channelise my efforts in learning about the practical side in electronics. But when I started to juggle with images, I had some idea and got my hands into it whenever possible with this amazing tool called MATLAB.Probably I owe it to the easy user interface and the lack of tutorial stuff available.I consumed a lot of online courseware getting help from technical experts in forums.

I realised one fine morning that I had to start with my final year classes.It all came so soon that it took some weeks to realise(hyperbole).I did not have a second thought in choosing my domain for my Masters.

But I tried to ask questions like : What is your career ambition? What are your long term goals ?
To my surprise my mind(or heart) was not able to answer it. Rather it took a complacent view of the world with my increasing spiritual desires. I haven't understood myself clearly! (phew!) Ramblings of a spoilt brat!! But my family and relatives were always there to guide me.

Musings about my future career:

Basically I am a moody person. I don't love to do the same thing again and again.I wanted an environment where I can interact with Biologists, Chemists, Nature Scientists and what not? I wanted to help them with my engineering prowess(which I am yet to develop).Only for this reason, I detest software jobs, I don't like to code with the same C Lang or D Lang.

Classes dull your mind.There's no chance of authentic creativity
--John Nash, A Beautiful Mind.

The day I have a choice to choose between solving an engineering problem and taking a beautiful girl for a ride -- And I can boast on the day about my engg.passion when I choose the former option(geez-criticisms not welcome)


Jai Praveen

No comments: