Monday, August 18, 2008

Pastor Regis meeting and introduction

Pastor Regis meeting and introduction:

Praise be to Lord. Whatever happens , happens according to his will.While I was having fun in my hometown(Tuticorin), I had this opportunity to listen to Pastor Regis counseling and prayer. He was a man of authority ! He was humble and had many gifts of the Holy Spirit : driving out evil spirits, preaching the word of God and so on. I asked him certain Biblical questions which I considered trivial . After briefly narrating about his early days and how God found him stories, he started to ask certain basic questions. He understood that we needed guidance. He appreciated me for my desire to know about God and explained the significance of knowing(or craving to know) the Holy Bible and God’s word.

What is the need to read Bible first?

This is a very important question to be answered!
We need to understand who God is and how glorified he is?

Read Isaiah 1:2-3

2 The Lord said, “ Earth and sky, listen to what I am saying! The Children I brought up have rebelled against me. 3 Cattle know who owns them, and donkeys know where their masters feed them. But that is more than my people Israel know. They don’t understand at all.”


Read John 17:3

And eternal life means knowing you, the only true God and knowing Jesus Christ whom you sent.

Read Hosea 6:6

“I want your constant love, not your animal sacrifices. I would rather have my people know me than burning offerings to me.”

says the Sovereign Lord.

Read II Peter 3:18

“But continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ.To him be the glory, now and forever ! Amen.”

I wish I learn a lot through him and other spiritual members of my family.


Jai Praveen

No comments: