Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Black-out and its impact on my life!

While many troubled souls speak about the power cuts and the practical difficulties associated with it, I would love to write my thoughts about it with a different perspective – the good things which the scheduled power cuts have brought with it ; especially for those at homes during the black-outs .

Reader Attention: Don’t mistake me for a grisly character of misanthropist with an aura of cynicism – I may sound so easily, with the following simple & humble () reasonings.

During power cuts, we are mostly detached from the advancements of human technology , which has made our survival dependent on some energy resource. When a black-out occurs,we are carried away to a dark age , void of light and unwanted noise(caused by machines and 24*7 TV running in our house) – forget emergency lights for my Blog’s sake :) .

We are forced as well as given an opportunity to sit back and enjoy the nature and praise the Intelligent Creator(Jesus Christ, in my case) behind it. Since the power-cuts are scheduled for a day, we not only prepare our daily chores in advance, but also our mind mentally even in the case of whiling away our time.Physically speaking, we sweat a lot and that helps to maintain the proportion of toxic substances in our body. I think we now have enough reasons to say a “Big thanks” to our EB department who have STARTED WORKING with a great vision to make us strong both physically(use our eyes during the darkness) as well as mentally.

Looking at the dark side, the power-cuts are really a pain in the ass for small industries and students. Alas , to the poor planning and blaming of one authority over another.

I spend time reading books(non-academics, of course!) and staring at stars lying flat on our house terrace.I have not done it in years although I would die to do them! ‘EB’ has finally re-kindled the child in me.Wow ! what a feeling it is to take some time in my busy work schedule(includes watching movies, chit-chatting, sleeping ; courtesy:youth, college student) to sit(lie) down and stare at everything, other than computer screens, table cluttered with gadgets and what not!

Other things which I do includes playing FIFA in my new HP laptop gifted by Jesus through my Chithhapa -- giving freely , some drops of my blood to every little mosquito(only fellows with happy faces during the black-outs) buzzing around me .(Karuna parambarai!!).

I look forward gladly for a future, where I can sit idly without any disturbances and temptations to distract my mind and thoughts,still drafting my success story in some corner of the Earth devoid of current and light. Will it happen or is it another page in my book of fantasy? I have more to talk about living and fantasy(my idea of living as projected by my imagination).I will put them later when I fall in proper resonance with my mind again.

Jai Praveen.

No comments: