Thursday, September 11, 2008

GRE and its consequences

I prayed a lot before taking the GRE second time.Unfortunately I did not prepare as well as I prayed ! God did not answer me.My higher studies dreams were a little shattered when I looked into my GRE score on the computer screen at Prometric.Neither could I swallow nor could I vomit.I decided to turn my face away from God for the next few days, the reason being --he failed to respond to my prayers.

When I was in this depressed state, I easily forgot what all I have prayed and asked him.Just then I realised that he had answered some of my prayers.I had previously prayed for a nice heart to accept will and never ever turn away from him.It so happened in the next two days.

After two days of persistent bad mood - somehow I slipped silently into my normal state.God again created the opportunity to speak to Bro.Regis. He made me understand how God gave me chances to get the REAL flavour of life.We cannot get everything we desire.He has a set of plans carefully drafted to fulfil his purpose through me.No one can change it or deny it.

He asked me to meditate on Proverbs 3:5,6,7

"5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart.Never rely on what you think you know.
6 Remember the Lord in everything you do and he will show you the right way. 7 Never let yourself think that you are wiser than you really are "

I remember a song which one of my school teacher(James Sir) taught me while I was in my twelfth standard.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart ,
and lean not unto they own understanding,
Acknowledge him in all his ways,
And he shall direct your path". This song is sung with a very fast pace and it proves how involuntary it should become of us to grab him, as soon as we lose our peace of mind.

He also asked me to read Matthew 6:33 : "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you ."

This instilled in me a sense of divine wisdom and I had a smile(like a child knowing its father) on my face while drafting this blog.

He advised to stop requesting worldly things and pray for the gifts of God!(quite tough to do but lets see what happens in the future).

He advised me not to go behind worldly pleasures.Our eyes must be set and focused on hearing God's word and acting according to his will.

I had a heavenly peace descending upon me after hearing his message via phone.Each time he speaks with me, I can feel the unseen creator speaking through him.It is as though like a wind which cannot be seen but can be felt.I feel in my spirit that I am in the right path with Jesus as my light in my dark days of trouble as well as my a Good shepherd by my side in my merry days.

No comments: