Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Engineering and God

My friends have already started questioning me whether I have become a sage(or in its process) ? My humble answer is No, I have just started to realise my Creator. Sometimes my parents are also disturbed by the fact that I spend too much of time in religious activities, which in turn may disturb my daily chores and studies! Well this argument seems fair and just to a confused mind.

I have confused my daily chores with my spiritual explorations, sometimes getting too absorbed in scriptures that I end up looking half-foolish with incomplete assignments, records and study-oriented activities.

I have questioned myself and wanted to know whether I was in the right path.Then I met my friend who also had similar difficulties.Thank God! I found one for company. While cherishing this new found similarity, I had my normal life running between college and my house(@ Radha nagar). I used to listen to some classes and dump others -- this is the place where I experienced my free will, at its extremes. Sometimes out of empathy(or sympathy :-)) for the living creature standing before me and trying to squeeze information into my dunter head, I force myself into a listening state(engg.students know how hard it is to stay focussed for more than two mins! - ask them). Sometimes I felt like it was my duty and passion to study.Its not Jai Praveen's instincts(good) or some mystical forces.I sorted it out , its partially because of the motivating words and lectures of wisdom which mocks at our Engineering standards(MIT).Thanks to those wonderful persons.

Now that I have introduced the first word of my topic "Engineering" , let me dive into my favourite word "God". I suddenly had this thought in my Optical Communication class(most part of my good brain works during Prof.Ganesh Madan's class).

I , earlier said that it was my nature to confuse Science with religion. Some end up boasting evolution and its (ultra-extra ordinary)orderly behaviour in the formation of Earth and the living beings.Sadly they simply ignore the concept of soul and even the Second Law of Thermodynamics(read it for yourself from Wiki).

Romans 1: 20 says, "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and God head,so that they are without excuse."

This was written by Paul to address the non-believers who do not have any idea about God at all.

Ha Haaa! Here I got the point revealed. Looking at things around us, we can easily recognise/acknowledge the existence of God. We are studying for thousands of years,the Omniscient Creator's work , in different branches of studies ranging from Mathematics, Physics, Geography, Chemistry etc., This holds the key to bridge the relationship between Science and Religion.I am happy that my Master gave me the key very soon.

Notice: Subject to update without further notification :-)

Jai Praveen.

No comments: